Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Cough Syrup

With the change in temeperature, I have been having an itchy throat for the last 2 days. Salt water gargling was not helping. So I needed to buy a syrup to soothe my throat.

Now the question was which brand could be trustworthy enough to be bought ? Fortunately one of the locals at husbands office recommended a syrup called "Balsam" She said she used it for her son too. Safe enough for her son, was safe enough for me & it worked instantly. Thats why I'm recommending it here.

Its all natural. Has a mixture of Guava (go figure) Thyme, Tilia flowers, Fennel Oil & purified honey. Worked on my light congestion too as a decongestant.

It worked extremely well & my throat infection did not develop into a full blown runny nose cold which anyone who knows me will tell you is as close to a miracle as you can get.

It tasted good but a little strange, thats when I realised it was the lack of alcohol in it that was making it taste different. :)

It costed me 7.45LE at the pharmacy. This was the printed price.

I also picked a pack of 22 lozenges in honey lemon flavor of a local brand called Seem for 14.90LE which worked well too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I was also searching for a natural syrup that would soothe my throat and calm the coughing. Beeing pregnant is limiting my options a lot.
Cristina

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis