Monday, June 15, 2009

A Belly Dancer's Blog

I was chuffed to see "BellyLorna" as one the Followers of My Blog.

I visited her blog and found it very interesting. We always see the performance side of a dancer and don't really have an insight into the dancers point of view. Lorna's blog http://bellylorna.blogspot.com/ gives the reader that insight. She is a Scottish lady who now performs in Cairo.

I enjoyed reading her blog posts and then found a link to a video of her performance:



I realised I have watched her perform on the Nile Pharoahs Boat at least 4 times. And I always recommend our house guests to do their Dinner Cruise with Nile Pharoahs, because she is the best Belly Dancer on the boats as of now and the Boat also serves Indian Food if you book in advance.

So yes, I am a fan of Lorna's dancing and her blog. I'd recommend the blog, it makes really interesting reading.

Here's another older video

3 comments:

Lorna (aka BellyLorna!) said...

Oh Kim... just read this .. thank you sooooooooo much for your lovely words.....

glad you enjoyed both my shows and my blog and hope to meet you sometime too!

happy cairo living and blogging to you....!
Lx

Kim said...

Hi Lorna,
Will introduce myself the next time I come to watch you perform.
Kim

Anonymous said...

not really egyptian style of belly dancing at all, more like the lebanese style you see in the gulf. very nice, but not my style. the egptian one rocks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis