Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tourist Visa Extension in Egypt

An update to my last post on Tourist Visa Extensions another acquaintance who visited the Mugamma for the same said :

The Mogamma will now issue only a 3-month visa of this sort. The only circumstances under which one can obtain a long-term visa are:
  • by having a job
  • by owning real estate (e.g., a shaqqa tamlik)
  • by having a child who is here on a study visa
  • by having a child who is married to an Egyptian
  • by marrying an Egyptian

1 comment:

Amal said...

Hi Kim,

This link gives a more complete list of the people who can apply for temporary non-tourist residence:

Related Posts with Thumbnails