Friday, October 06, 2006

So many unanswered questions......

Right now trying to figure out the restrictions on what can & can't be carried into Egypt. We plan to carry some clothes with us on the flight, but the bulk of items will follow by ship or air with the packers.

We have been told that carrying alcohol is not possible. So liquer cabinet is being emptied through some heavy consumption patterns.

Jewellery can't be carried in cargo. I have anyhow, left all my stuff with parents & inlaws. All those heavy Indian Wedding sets !! Does anyone wear them again ? Other than to your siblings weddings ?

Now doing a check on spice mixes. I know I wont get my Garam masala, Bottle masala, Ghoda masala, sambhar powder etc etc in Egypt. Grinding them fresh each time is a pain. The simple stuff like jeera & corriander aren't so bad, but the spice mixes are tricky. Plus I have my favorite brands here which I definitely want to carry along.

So I've picked up a few extra packets of them all & am crossing my fingers hoping I can ship them over.

Picked up standard medications in excess. Nothing works as well as Dr Morepens Lemolate when I feel myself coming down with a cold, not actifed, not any other medicine, so carrying a copule of extra strips of all such medication which we have tried & tested including Sitopaladi Churna (Chief, thanks for introducing me to this herbal powder for cough, it has been a huge Godsend & has always speeded up my recovery)

I have some dangerous looking knives & coconut grating equipment (will post a pic sometime) which I'm hoping I can carry, without it being branded as terrorist material. . .

Can I take this ?
If Yes, Good, Problem Solved.
If no :
Will my mother or Mother-in-law use it ?
Do I want it kept packed for 2 years ?
If both are no's,
then considering giving it to charity or the security guards/driver/dhobhi......

Questions & Decisions are the centrepoint right now. Life is revolving around this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've visited this site before but after going through many of the articles I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm certainly delighted I discovered it and I'll
be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!


Look at my web site: position ()

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis